Re: [Interpeters] "set interpreter" useful?

Hi,

I've been testing the interpreter stuff with which I've been working on and off for a little while, and I have to ask: does anyone think it will be useful for someone to switch interpreters?

$ gdb -nw -nx -q
(gdb) set interpeter mi
(gdb)
OR

$ gdb -nx -i=mi -q
(gdb) -interpreter-set console
(gdb)
This is obviously a real nightmare to get working properly. I won't even mention what kind of havoc this could cause if someone using an MI-based UI did something like:

-interpreter-exec console "set interpreter console"

Would anyone care if I ripped out the ability to change interpreters on the fly? (I'm not going to touch interpreter-exec, just "set intepreter"/"-interpreter-set".
Yes (how can you rip out something that was never fully approved/committed? :-)

Sounds like you've come up with a bit of doco that should go with -interpreter-exec, explaining why ``-interpreter-set'' would be a bad move :-)

Andrew