Re: naming command arguments

On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 16:23, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> For this specific case, how does one differentiate between:
>
> 	start:1
>
> the source and line specification and:
>
> 	start:1
>
> the start:VALUE?

Just by context.  And in the case that the command has both optional
source location and numerical arguments _and_ the user has a file name
which clashes with an argument name, you just let the user disambiguate
by using multiple ':', so

	start::1

doesn't identify a source location because the user doesn't have a
"start:" file.  This seems to be a reasonable solution to what I imagine
will be a very rare problem.

AG