Re: gdb-h8-stub... please help.

>(gdb) cont
>Continuing.
>Sending packet: $m18,2#34...Ack
>Packet received: 0000
>binary downloading NOT suppported by target
>Sending packet: $M18,2:5730#1d...Ack
>Packet received: OK
>Sending packet: $Hc0#db...Ack
>Packet received:
>Sending packet: $c#63...putpkt: Junk: @
>Timed out.
>Packet received: S05
>Sending packet: $c#63...putpkt: Junk:
>Timed out.
>
>end quote.
>I would appreciate any light that you can shine on this. Do I need to patch
>GDB? Do I need to process binary downloading (I don't do it now)? Add extra
>cases to my command switch?

GDB tried the binary download('m'), and when that failed, fell back to
hex download('M').  So you don't need to add binary download.

To me it looks like the problem is in the stub since the communication
between the host and stub is not working correctly.  If you have a
spare serial port on the target, add code to the stub to dump each
packet that is recieved and sent.  Run through the sequence again, and
then decode the packets in the debug output and compare it against the
documentation.  I'm sure you'll eventually find what's wrong in your
stub...

--
Peter Barada                                   Peter.Barada@motorola.com
Wizard                                         781-852-2768 (direct)