Re: libremote status?

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 06:32:25PM -0700, Fred Viles wrote:
>In the archives I found the following comment by Eric Bachalo in the
>thread "libremote activation" from November 2000:
>
>| First, apologies for not getting libremote sources out to the public
>| yet.  We fully plan to release all libremote sources to the public in
>| the near future.  The only reason we haven't to date is a lack of
>| available resources to do it properly.
>|
>| Libremote is our effort to make a standard framework under a single
>| set of sources for handling GDB remote protocol on the target side.
>| We plan on releasing the code under a BSD like license.  This will
>| eliminate worries of linking this code with third party proprietary
>| libraries.
>|
>| Eric Bachalo
>| Director of Engineering
>| Red Hat, Inc.
>
>libremote doesn't appear to be publicly released yet, but in the "OCD
>Support" thread last January Peter Reilley says Macraigor will be
>using it in the future.
>
>Other than these threads, I find very little mention of libremote at
>all.  So my question is, what is the status of the libremote project?

Coincidentally enough, it should be released within the next month.
We've been slowly clearing up various minor issues, like the actual
released name of the product and we've been cleaning up some minor
interface odds and ends.  You can blame me for this, since I wanted to
make sure that there were no outstanding issues before it was released.
(and saying this has certainly jinxed things now)

Sorry for the delay.  It will be coming soon to a repository near you.

Christopher Faylor
Engineering Manager
Red Hat, Inc.