About the breakpoint for arm-linux(ARM920T)

 Hi all,

 I'am trying to remote debugging with gdbserver.
 Target is arm-linux for ARM920T.

 Using environment is the following.

+------------------+                    +--------------------+
|      HostPC      |       TCP/IP       |  target board      |
| (i386 RedHat7.2) |------------------- | (ARM920T arm-linux)|
|       gdb        |                    |    gdbserver       |
+------------------+                    +--------------------+

 For remote debugging, I tried to compile gdb and gdbserver(gdb-5.2)
following the README and it was success.
 Then I started to remote debugging .
 The gdbserver attached debugging program and stopped at first instruction
of debugging program.

 But when I set a breakpoint and executed the debugging program, SIGILL
occurred in the address where I set a breakpoint.
 So checked the instruction in that address.
 There are "0xe7 0xff 0xde 0xfe".

 The instruction "0xe7 0xff 0xde 0xfe" are the breakpoint instruction for
arm-linux?

and...

 in gdb/gdb/arm-linux-tdep.c
 line 38

/* Under ARM GNU/Linux the traditional way of performing a breakpoint
   is to execute a particular software interrupt, rather than use a
   particular undefined instruction to provoke a trap.  Upon exection
   of the software interrupt the kernel stops the inferior with a
   SIGTRAP, and wakes the debugger.  Since ARM GNU/Linux is little
   endian, and doesn't support Thumb at the moment we only override
   the ARM little-endian breakpoint.  */

static const char arm_linux_arm_le_breakpoint[] = {0x01,0x00,0x9f,0xef};

 How to use this "arm_linux_arm_le_breakpoint" ?
 I think.. if I can use this breakpoint instruction ,the debugging program
will stop at breakpoint which I set.

 Please teach me.

$B:G?7$N%U%!%$%J%s%9>pJs$H%i%$%U%W%i%s$N%"%I%P%$%9(B MSN $B%^%M!<(B
http://money.msn.co.jp/