Re: Is Single step into C++ virtual thunk still broken?

On Tue, 2002-07-09 at 17:27, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> Right now, with your test case, I step into the virtual function's
> thunk - end up at a random line - step again, and end up at the
> beginning of the virtual function.  Which is annoying but not so bad.
> The line I end up at is the first line of the Derived class, which
> isn't an entirely unreasonable place for the thunk to be but is still
> probably wrong.  That is a minor GCC bug.
>
> On the other hand, GDB should skip the thunk and step you right into
> the function being called.  I'll try to think of a way to do this.

If, as you suggest, a second step (s command) would take me into the
virtual function, I could live with the (minor) problem, but here the
first step command takes me to the closing } of the virtual function
(although if this is random as you suggest, it might not be significant)
and the second step (s) command takes me to the next statement after the
virtual function call, jumping it completely. Very inconvenient.

In order for me to try and replicate your behaviour, could you give me
some details?

I am running the very latest GNU gdb 2002-07-09-cvs, gcc 3.1 and I
compiled the example with
	gcc -g3 -lstdc++ thunk.cpp

Red Hat Linux 7.3

Andew Walrond