Re: Remote target behind console server

Hi,

I have a target sitting behind a console server. I can use any box to
telnet to the console server and access the console port of my target. This target
runs Linux kgdb stub on it. I have tested with serial cable, for my gdb host to
debug the kgdb target, everything is perfect. But in our situation, we must debug
our target remotely through console server.

The question is whether it's feasible for gdb to remote debug this target through
console server, which is a telnet / serial converter?
You mean an ``annex[tm]''? Yes. You'll likely need to tweak things so that the terminal server automatically connects the GDB session through to the serial port. There isn't an easy way, from GDB, to send terminal server commands.

enjoy,
Andrew