Re: GDB support for thread-local storage

I don't know.  HP people do monitor this list so may be able to answer.

> But in any case, HP's gdbarch method for finding thread-local storage
> would be very simple: just add the offset to CR27, and there's your
> address.

BTW, why, in your propsal, is the offset incorporated into the address
that is returned - rather than getting the base address and then
adding the offset - more like HP did.

That's me imitating a rather weird quirk in the way the TLS run-time
implementation works.  But if you look at my Dwarf 2 sketch proposal,
we can't do it that way.  We need something that gives us the base
address.  So the way HP does it is pretty much the way we'll do it,
except for the assumption that the base address is in a register.
So an initial work-in-progress interface can be simplified to just:

target_thread_base_address(thread, pc?, &base_addr)
-> ok, not-available

dropping that offset et.al.? Someone else can add them if they later prove necessary.

Andrew