Re: gdbserver and multithreaded programs

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 11:16:11PM -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:
> Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> > >     ppc405 - worked on single threaded program, but on multithreaded
> > > program output zillions of
> > >
> > >         Ignoring packet error, continuing...
> > >         Ignoring packet error, continuing...
> > >     as soon as we tried to step thru main.
> > >
> > >     sh4 - worked fine on single threaded program, but on
> > >       multithreaded program it output the following message.
> > >
> > >         Program received signal SIG32, Real-time event 32.
> >
> > The "received signal SIG32" means that thread_db did not load.  Most
> > likely this means GDB did not find your libraries. On ppc405 I'd guess
> > that it found an incorrect copy of the libraries.  Are you setting
> > solib-absolute-prefix correctly?
>
> No, we weren't setting it at all.  Thanks for the tip; works much
> better now on ppc405.  I did see a strange message
> "Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap."
> a few times, but in general I'm able to step through a program
> that creates lots of threads on ppc405 now.  Huzzah!
> (Haven't tried sh4 again yet.)

Hmm, if you can make a simple program that reproduces the SIGTRAPs I
would greatly appreciate it.  I'm pretty sure I committed the right
copy; I spent a long time trying to kill those things.

> Still not trivial to build and use in a cross-compiled environment
> (what is?), but a good FAQ ought to help that.

Documentation, documentation.  And some more sanity checks.  I'm
working on it.