Re: Catch signals in GDBserver running on windows under cygwin

"drow/OU=internet/DD.RFC-822=drow"@mvista.com@harley wrote:

> On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 09:22:20AM +0200, Christophe PLANAT wrote:

> > > Curious - what version of gdbserver?  I don't know of any FSF version that
> > > supported cygwin.
> >
> > But it works well. Windows NT + layer of cygwin Posix emulation dll
> > (1.3.5) and gcc 2.95.3-5 (cygwin special) running on the top, for GDB
> > and GDBServer 5.0 compilation. The 2 win32 runtime run correctly.
>
> But gdbserver 5.0 wouldn't build on Cygwin... did the Cygwin people
> include their own version?
>

> > I've heard that some difficulties exist to catch signals thru cygwin
> > layer and that the classical signal(), raise() ... primitives don't
> > "work" well but I don't have any info about it.

> > > --
> > > Daniel Jacobowitz                           Carnegie Mellon University
> > > MontaVista Software                         Debian GNU/Linux Developer
> >
> > --
> > | Christophe PLANAT                 | Embedded Systems Technology    |
> > | Email : Christophe.Planat@st.com  | STMicroelectronics             |
> > | Phone : +33 04 76 92 68 82        | 850, rue Jean-Monnet           |
> > | Fax   : +33 04 76 92 50 94        | BP 16 - 38921 Crolles - France |
>
> --
> Daniel Jacobowitz                           Carnegie Mellon University
> MontaVista Software                         Debian GNU/Linux Developer

I succedded to implement a such mechanism described in MSDN library :

 - In the main() server.c, call SetConsoleCtrlHandler(my_handler, TRUE)
 - don't forget to include <windows.h>
 - implement   char WINAPI my_handler (DWORD dwCtrlType) and treat
signals...

I can catch CTRL-C, CTRL-BREAK and DOS windows closing.

Thanks for your interest to my request. Hope this will help somebody
	Christophe