This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: questions / suggestions about gdb
- From: Petr Sorfa <petrs at caldera dot com>
- To: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
- Cc: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec at shout dot net>, charsquarra at hotmail dot com, gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 10:09:50 -0400
- Subject: Re: questions / suggestions about gdb
- Organization: Caldera
- References: <Pine.SUN.3.91.1020508164422.25387F-100000@is>
> > I've done work along these lines and I might resume it in the future.
> > However, the idea of keeping the "retarded" process running in parallel
> > in real time is difficult and unworkable.
> Agreed. However, it would be a great feature to be able to run the
> program in reverse. Some debuggers actually allow that (don't ask me
There are several methods, but one them is undoing the machine code
instructions. Also it is possible to generate additional debug
information from the compiler to assist in certain tasks. I agree that
running a second process is dangerous as basically all IO is going to be
replicated, which will cause all sorts of horrors.