Re: [RFC] Simplify SIMD registers

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, Elena Zannoni wrote:

> Now, I have concerns for platforms other than Altivec, that may have
> used a representation like the one I would like to abandon.
> I am talking about SSE regs on x86 which are v4sf type. Right?

SSE registers are v4sf only, but SSE2 registers (Pentium 4) are
v2df, v4sf, v16qi, v8hi, v4si, and v2di. I don't believe GDB supports
them yet.

> For this reason I didn't touch the existing built in types which have
> the structure wrapping, but I introduced new ones to be used by
> AltiVec registers.
>
> Comments?

I would like to see us treat all SIMD registers in the same manner, not
just Altivec. Even though the packing and size will vary, the display
syntax should be consistent.

Martin