configure: error: Cound not find a term library

Hi All,

Can anyone save me from error mensioned in the subject line.

I am trying to cross-compile gdb+dejagnu-20020419 (the current one)
where the host will be arm-linux and the build  machine is
i586-pc-linux-gnu . After download and umpacking I run the configure
with the following command.

CC="arm-linux-gcc" ./configure --host=arm-linux --target=arm-linux
--build=i586-pc-linux-gnu.

which eventually dies at :

checking compiler warning flags...  -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type -Wcomment
-Wtrigraphs -Wformat -Wparentheses -Wpointer-arith -Wuninitialized
checking for cygwin... no
checking for tgetent in -lncurses... (cached) no
checking for tgetent in -lHcurses... no
checking for tgetent in -ltermlib... no
checking for tgetent in -ltermcap... (cached) no
checking for tgetent in -lcurses... (cached) no
checking for tgetent in -lterminfo... no
configure: cross-compiling for a non-cygwin target is not supported
configure: error: Could not find a term library
Configure in /home/nags/gdb+dejagnu-20020419/gdb failed, exiting.

when  I tried to solve the above error by installing the
libtermcap*.rpm, libtermcap*-devel.rpm, ncurses*.rpm and
ncurses*-devel.rpm. I found that these rpms are alredy installed in my
distribution(I found in one of mail which replied to the same error says
that ,One of these is bound to make it work).

I am using Redhat 7.1

while the same command work fine for gdb-5.1, since gdb5.1 doesnot have
support for arm cross-compilation( which i found after running make
command)I have been advicsed to try it  on the latest gdb snapshot  by
some experts ,resulted the above error.

Can anyone tell me why I am getting this error in the latest gdb snashot
while it is not there in gdb-5.1.also can any one pass me the roght
configuratiion command and setting if any.

Thanks a lot in advance
nagaraja