Problem with GDB5.1.1 on Readhat Linux for DINK32

Hello,

We have been trying to use GDB on Redhat linux 7.1
to communicate with DINK32 for PowerPC cross debug.

To installed GDB for DINK32, I used following commands
to install GDB on Linux..

$> ./configure --target=powerpc-elf
$> make

Then, next, I entered following command.

$> gdb -b 9600

(gdb) target dink32 /dev/ttyS0

Then GDB didn't work and few minutes after,
GDB indicated as follows.

"Timeout reading form remote system."

And next, I entered following commands.

(gdb) set remotebaud 9600
(gdb) set remotedevice /dev/ttyS0
(gdb) set debug remote 1
(gdb) target dink32 /dev/ttyS0

Then, DINK replied following prompts.

\r\n<--
read -->DINK32 [MPC8240] >>

Although DINK return DINK32 prompt like above,
we can't input any command through keyboard.
Then GDB issue following things to display.

Timeout reading from remote syste.

If anyone know any information, please tell me.

Thanks and Regards,
Yoichi