Re: Documenting platform-specific problems

> Since we now run gdb.base/attach.exp on every platform, I discovered a
> bug in FreeBSD that prevents us from successfully detaching from an
> attached process.  There seems to be no way around this problem, and
> I'm not really willing to disable attach/detach on FreeBSD since
> attaching works fine and still is a useful feature.  However, I'd like
> to document this limitation somewhere.  Can I stick something in
> PROBLEMS, like in the attached patch, or is there a better location?

Hmm, I was thinking of a summary of the issue in PROBLEMS and a
reference to the bug report (PR gdb/NNNN) that contained the patch.

But: I don't know how ok it is for PROBLEMS to refer to stuff only
accessable via the web.  Hmm, this is PRMS, anyone remember how to query
the DB via e-mail?

> The attached patch documents this for GDB 5.2, but this has been
> broken forever.  Looks kind of funny but I can't think of a better
> way.
>
> Comments?

Andrew