Re: gcc development schedule [Re: sharing libcpp between GDB and GCC]

On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 01:53:46AM -0800, Jason Molenda wrote:

> None that I know of.  cvs logging bites.  We do track the # of
> bytes being sent/received from different hosts and the frequency
> with which hosts connect.  The host that downloaded the most number
> of bytes last week by anoncvs?  A purdue.edu site.  Two redhat.com
> and one suse.de sites make the top six; an IP# and a cable modem
> (rogers.com) finish out the top six.  Not very useful without some
> idea what repository or what sorts of operations we're talking
> about.

Ahem, this is how it looks when sorted by connections, but it's
rather different when sorted by bytes downloaded.  For last week,
it looks more like this:

698 358 959  cwi.nl
523 131 718  cpe.net.cable.rogers.com
316 859 474  dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net
302 256 065  sympatico.ca
220 184 438  austin.ibm.com
208 933 189  redhat.com
175 256 836  mypointsinc.com
144 845 712  dip.t-dialin.net

The first field is bytes transferred over the week; the second is
the domains for these sites.

It's easy to think these sites are doing something Evil, but chances
are they're just doing some automated cvs updates on multiple
repositories once or twice a day, or they had a single big checkout
of gcc/src and a periodic cvs update or what have you.  Don't read
too much into it without looking closer - I'm just providing an
example of what we do track and what we can report.

Jason