Re: Results of a multi-build (not good)

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, Richard Earnshaw wrote:

> that build successfully.  Not a surprise then to find that, with the
> exception of vax-dec-vms5.5, these are the only ports that don't use
> -Werror.

IMHO, -Werror is a Bad Idea (tm).  With the current trend in GCC and
other compilers to print warnings for perfectly valid C, -Werror tends to
break good code with every new release of GCC, to say nothing of
development snapshots people use.

I think we should stop using -Werror, except maybe in maintainer's mode.