Re: How to compile GDB 5.1.1 in Mingw32 with MSYS?

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 08:17:15AM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>On Sun, 24 Feb 2002, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>There is no supported way to build gdb for mingw however the cygwin
>>version of gdb should work ok.
>>
>>>Are there any precompiled binaries of GDB 5.x for Win32?
>>
>>Someone on the mingw list was advertising some prebuilt binaries.  Go
>>to www.mingw.org and look around in the mailing list archives.
>
>Perhaps both of these hints should be somewhere in README or in
>PROBLEMS.

I don't think we want to advertise the port.  It didn't sound like it
was anywhere close to a clean port and there were some problems.

Do we want to include pointers to binaries on other sites in the README
or PROBLEMS?  I don't think we want to go down that path.

I guess we could add a line that says that gdb doesn't build under
mingw.

cgf