GCC 3.0

Greetings everyone.

I've tried to update to the latest gcc (3.0) and the latest gdb (5.1.1),
and I've found that there is some incompatibility involved.

Specifically, in a number of cases (which worked fine in gcc 2.96) where
I could "print *this", when I try my software with gcc 3.0 I get a
"Value can't be converted to an integer".

In DDD, when I try to display "*this", I get a "Disabling display 1 to
avoid infinite recursion.". Again, this works fine if I compile with gcc
2.96.

Is this a bug in the gcc 3.0 debug output, or is this simply something
that gdb will have to be brought up to date on?

Regards,
   Colin

--
Colin Fox