This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Thread Support for remote debugging
- From: Quality Quorum <qqi at theworld dot com>
- To: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- Cc: Michael Snyder <msnyder at redhat dot com>, "Sarnath K - CTD, Chennai." <k_sarnath at ctd dot hcltech dot com>, <gdb at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 22:41:24 -0500
- Subject: Re: Thread Support for remote debugging
On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 06:22:07PM -0500, Quality Quorum wrote:
> > If you are talking about me, I had it done more than one year ago:
> > http://world.std.com/~qqi, see section about gdb.
> > The problem is that (1) redhat never said 'yes we want it' so it is
> > sitll based on 4.18, (2) there are a few issues which could be
> > resolved one way or anotehr an readhat never said 'we want it this way'.
> Red Hat has nothing officially to do with this, besides the number of
> GDB maintainers they employ.
> As for the stub - if you want to contribute it, that's nice. But it
> doesn't really address the question, since current GDBserver doesn't
> even have any RTEMS support as far as I know.
First, protocol has to be fixed, then gdb side implementation has to
be fixed, and only then stub porting from RTEMS to the gdbserver
environment will start to make some sense.
> Daniel Jacobowitz Carnegie Mellon University
> MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer