This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Patch for arm-linux gdbserver
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: "William A. Gatliff" <bgat at billgatliff dot com>
- Cc: "Keith.Walker" <Keith dot Walker at arm dot com>, crossgcc at sources dot redhat dot com,gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 18:10:24 -0500
- Subject: Re: Patch for arm-linux gdbserver
- References: <20020131113611.A2242@saturn.billgatliff.com> <email@example.com> <20020131153627.A3137@saturn.billgatliff.com>
On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 03:36:27PM -0600, William A. Gatliff wrote:
> [root@venus gdbserver]# make
> arm-linux-gcc -c -g -I/home/bgat/Intrinsyc/include -I. -I.. -I../../gdb/gdbserver -I../../gdb/gdbserver/.. -I../../gdb/gdbserver/../config -I../../gdb/gdbserver/../../include -I../../bfd -I../../gdb/gdbserver/../../bfd -DGDBSERVER ../../gdb/gdbserver/low-linux.c
> ../../gdb/gdbserver/low-linux.c:42: sys/reg.h: No such file or directory
> make: *** [low-linux.o] Error 1
> [root@venus gdbserver]# find ~/Intrinsyc/ -name reg.h
> I'm using a prebuilt toolchain from Intrinsyc. I'm thinking there's
> something wrong about it, but I can't quite put my finger on it...
> Where is your reg.h?
> What versions of arm-linux tools are you using? I may just have to
> start from scratch here...
ARM should not have sys/reg.h. That means you mis-ran configure.
You can't build gdbserver inside a cross-gdb tree. It has to be a
_target_ _native_ gdb tree (i.e. --host).
I don't think ARM gdbserver builds at the moment, though. If it does
I'll be pleasantly surprised.
What Keith said about configury won't work. However, you don't need to
run make in the gdb dir, just configure.
Daniel Jacobowitz Carnegie Mellon University
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer