Re: "xbreak" command in GDB ?

"Sarnath K - CTD, Chennai." wrote:

> Hi All,
>  The "xbreak" command (and hence "txbreak" )
> in GDB Version 5.1 doesnt seem to work
> properly.
>  A minute investigation showed that it is
> setting a break-point at a posn
> 1 past the last instrn of the "function".
>  Looks like a bug. Pardon me if I am wrong.
> Maintainers can look into this.

XBREAK is a mistake.  It got in because the maintainers
were not paying close enough attention (it was part of a
really huge merge).  It is completely non-portable, and
there is probably no good way to make it portable.  Nor
does it do anything particularly useful (even if you can
stop at the return instruction of a function, your stack
frame will generally have been destroyed already).

I'm going to propose a patch that will take xbreak out.