This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Spamguarding email addresses in GDB bug reports
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- To: sarrazip at sympatico dot ca
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 14:57:47 -0500
- Subject: Re: Spamguarding email addresses in GDB bug reports
- References: <20020122191655.A14896@localhost>
> I have just submitted a GDB bug report (#288) and noticed that
> my email address is published in it without being "spamguarded"
> (as in <sarrazip at iname dot com>, for example).
> I hope this can be fixed. Thanks.
I've passed your suggestion on. One immediate observation was that your
e-mail address is only visible via a cgi-script and it was thought that
harvester robots would normally avoid them. Hence the problem may be
less serious then it might at first appear.
If you're interested in having a go at changing the script your self, I
can point you at the relevant sources.