This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Upcoming DWARF 3 and FORTRAN95 patches for 5.1.1 or 5.2?
- From: Daniel Berlin <dan at dberlin dot org>
- To: Petr Sorfa <petrs at caldera dot com>
- Cc: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>, <gdb at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 14:34:24 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: Upcoming DWARF 3 and FORTRAN95 patches for 5.1.1 or 5.2?
On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, Petr Sorfa wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
> A comment about the patch you mentioned before:
> I noticed that you put new entries into struct symbol of type locexpr.
> I'm not too sure if that is the correct to place them. In my
> understanding these location expressions need only be associated with
> the type of a symbol rather than the symbol itself.
No, it describes the location of a symbol, not of a type.
Two symbols of the same type could be in different places (one in
register, one in memory).
Think of location lists, too.
I could have two symbols of the same type in completely different places
in memory and registers, at a given time (IE each in two different live
> This will remove
> unnecessary replication of data and save the extra few bytes. Or am I
> making to many assumptions here?
Also, part of the idea of using our own bytecode was being able to
describe the location of complex things, such a vtable entry, in a