This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
- From: "Per Dalgas Jakobsen" <pdj at maridan dot dk>
- To: <gdb at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 13:50:28 +0100
- Subject: gdb daemon
I have been looking around for a gdb daemon for remote debugging on i386 targets.
The gdbserver doesn't seem to be exactly what I'm looking for, but I might have misunderstood - I hope someone can help me with this one:
1) I need to be able to attach a gdb to a remote target ;-)
2) I would like to use the "load" feature, which (if I understood it correctly) allows you to start debugging an application on target without manually uploading it to the target first (the load command does that for you).
3) I would like to be able to attach the debugger to an already running application on target (having the source on host).
4) It will be nice (but not critical) if one could include it into the inetd services, allowing several debugging sessions to be started simultaneously on the same target.
5) User space debugging is sufficient, but if kernel space debugging is also possible: COOL!!!