This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: GDB 5.1.1 scheduled 00:00 24 Jan 2002 GMT
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- To: Jason Molenda <jason-swarelist at molenda dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 16:59:26 -0500
- Subject: Re: GDB 5.1.1 scheduled 00:00 24 Jan 2002 GMT
- References: <3C473CF1.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20020117131815.A27451@molenda.com>
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 04:06:57PM -0500, Andrew Cagney wrote:
>> I'm planning on creating a GDB 5.1.1 from the head of the GDB 5.1 branch
>> on or about 24 January 2002 GMT.
> It is traditional cvs usage to do all 5.1.* releases off of a single
> branch, the gdb-5_1-branch. Creating a new branch for the 5.1.1
> changes gains you little but some juked up cvs branch structure.
> If a 5.1.2 release happens, would that be based off of the 5.1
> branch, or another branch branched off the tip of 5.1.1? What if
> a 5.1.1a had to be made to correct something small? If a 22.214.171.124a
> branch happens and a 5.1.2 has to happen, does that mean the 5.1.2
> is branched off the tip of 5.1.1a branch or 5.1.1?
Er, I think you miss understand what is going on here. GDB 5.1.1 will
be taken from the head of the 5.1 branch. This process was discussed
and agreed to long long ago.