This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: GDB and 64 bit
- From: Kevin Buettner <kevinb at redhat dot com>
- To: ccroswhite at get2chip dot com, gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 13:21:31 -0700
- Subject: Re: GDB and 64 bit
- References: <3C447EC6.email@example.com>
On Jan 15, 11:11am, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> I am trying to get gdb to understand 64 bit applications. I can not
> compile gdb with a configuration option (that is configure
> --host=sparcv9-sun-solaris2.8). So I have gone in and replaced gcc with
> gcc -m64 and ld with ld -64 (Solaris ld). gdb will now open the
> executable, however, it will not break and I have seen it print out
> variables in both 64 bit and 32 bit. I am not exactly sure why it is
> doing both 1:) printing out 64 and 32 bit code and 2:) why it will not
Are the applications that you're debugging 32-bit or 64-bit?
Could you provide more detail (i.e, a cut and paste of a sample GDB
session) showing problems 1 and 2 above?