This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
software single step - feature request
- From: Quality Quorum <qqi at theworld dot com>
- To: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 08:51:27 -0500
- Subject: software single step - feature request
There are a few nits associated with soft single step support, which are
easy to work around but annoying enough to justify a fix.
1. Soft single step is configured per platform (e.g. arm-wince has one
and generic arm does not), IMHO, it should be provided on per CPU
2. It has to be provided for every CPU - may be as part of multi-arch
3. It should be run-time configurable - so it should be possible to
use the same gdb image both with and without soft single step.
4. If target supports hw single step it should be possible to configure
removal of breakpoints before stepping.