This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: 64 bit applications and gdb
- From: Michael Snyder <msnyder at redhat dot com>
- To: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 17:20:05 -0800
- Subject: Re: 64 bit applications and gdb
- Newsgroups: cygnus.gdb
- Organization: Red Hat, Inc.
- References: <3C3DEFBC.75513D1@get2chip.com>
> GDB folk,
> Having troubles with gdb (4.xx,5.1) analyzing a 64 bit application. I
> can not set a break point nothing, after loading the symbol tables I run
> the executable and i get this failure:
> (gdb) run
> Starting program: /home/csun/meta-g
> procfs:4328 -- process not stopped.
> procfs: ...giving up...
> Lokks to be an issue with gdb, however, I am not positive. If anyone
> could give me some pointers, I would greatly appreciate it.
Was your gdb built as a 64-bit solaris application? It needs to be.
Turns out that the 64-bit extensions to the /proc interface will not
allow a 64-bit process to be debugged by a 32-bit process.