This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Changing the C/C++ compiler for gdb testsuite runs
- From: Kevin Buettner <kevinb at redhat dot com>
- To: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec at shout dot net>, Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 12:09:33 -0700
- Subject: Re: Changing the C/C++ compiler for gdb testsuite runs
- References: <200201101658.KAA16306@duracef.shout.net>
On Jan 10, 10:58am, Michael Elizabeth Chastain wrote:
> If you build gcc and gdb in a unified build tree then dejagnu will find
> and use the uninstalled compiler in the unified build tree, even in
> preference to $PATH. That behaviour actually got in my way so I stopped
> using unified trees.
Here's one way to use a different compiler in a unified tree...
1) In gdb/testsuite (in your build directory), do
2) Add lines similar to the following to the end of
set CC_FOR_TARGET "/some/other/path/to/gcc"
set CXX_FOR_TARGET "/some/other/path/to/g++"
If anyone knows of other (more elegant) tricks that can be used to
accomplish the same thing, I'd like to hear about them...