This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Anyone using alpha-freebsd target in gdb-current?
- From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej at wasabisystems dot com>
- To: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 19:34:18 -0800
- Subject: Anyone using alpha-freebsd target in gdb-current?
- Organization: Wasabi Systems, Inc.
- Reply-to: thorpej at wasabisystems dot com
Is anyone actually using the alpha-freebsd target in gdb-current?
I'm working on alpha-netbsd support, and it uses the pre-existing
...but I'm having some serious problems. They seem to be related
to breakpoints -- If I skip the implicit breakpoint at __start
(_start on a FreeBSD/alpha system) a test program behaves "more
correctly" (there are still some problems), but completely loses
if I leave that breakpoint there.
Also, NetBSD/alpha requires software single-stepping in gdb (which
I have implemented), which uses breakpoints ... the software single
stepping also gives unexpected results (the PC value when the breakpoint
trips is not what I expect).
But, anyway, I'd really like to just know if anyone is successfully using
the alpha bsd native support successfully right now. That would help
eliminate some variables for me.
-- Jason R. Thorpe <email@example.com>