This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: GDB arm-netbsd build failure.
- From: Michael Snyder <msnyder at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 12:38:14 -0800
- Subject: Re: GDB arm-netbsd build failure.
- Organization: Red Hat, Inc.
- References: <200201091944.TAA22678@cam-mail2.cambridge.arm.com>
Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> Your latest patch
> 2002-01-03 Michael Snyder <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Implement a "generate-core-file" command in gdb, save target state.
> breaks any target that doesn't use ELF, since it calls a BFD function that
> is only compiled in for ELF support.
> Specifically, it directly uses elfcore_write_prpsinfo which is in bfd/elf.c
> Isn't there supposed to be a way of wrapping such calls through a BFD
> layer to make them format independent. If not, then this call should only
> be made if we know that we are using ELF.
Yes, I checked in a fix for that this morning.
If you update and it still doesn't work, please let me know.