Re: misrepresentation of complex numbers

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply (been away).

I don't think this is a bug. The output from the gdb print command for
certain FORTRAN values does not need to match the output from the
FORTRAN print statement. Consider arrays, particularly large
multi-dimensional ones, that become completely unreadble with the
FORTRAN print statment, but handled quite well with the gdb print
command.

In addition it is much easier to parse the output values provided by the
gdb print command.

Petr
> Thanks.  If you haven't already, could you please create a bug report of
> this.  See http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/bugs/
>
> Andrew
>
> > I attach a very simple code, testc.f that illustrates the bug in dbg. After compiling with the -g option stop the code at line 7 and issue the gdb command
> >
> > print s
> >
> > gdb will respond with
> >
> > $1 = (10,10)
> >
> > issue the cont command and you will see that the number should be
> >
> > 10, 4
> >

> > Art Edwards

Petr Sorfa                  Senior Software Engineer
Caldera
430 Mountain Ave.           http://www.caldera.com
Murray Hill 07974
NJ, USA
Disclaimer: All my comments are my own and nobody else's