This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: How to use tracepoint in GDB5.1
- From: Elena Zannoni <ezannoni at redhat dot com>
- To: "Jeongsi Kim" <sikim00 at etri dot re dot kr>
- Cc: <gdb at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 20:39:38 -0500
- Subject: Re: How to use tracepoint in GDB5.1
- References: <005f01c19715$307dc220$11b4fe81@sikim00>
Jeongsi Kim writes:
> I tried to use GDB tracepoint in GDB 5.1, but I got
> the following message after 'tstart' command.
> (Before 'tstart' command, 'tarce/passcount/actions' commands are performed successfully.)
> "Target does not support this command."
> Please let me know how can I use GDB tracepoint correctly and
> does tracepoint function in current GDB 5.1 work fully.
Your remote target must know how to collect data. This functionality
is implemented by the remote stub. I don't think there is any publicly
available stub that support tracepoints at the moment. In your case,
the error is generated because the remote target doesn't know what to
reply to a 'tstart' packet. Look at tracepoint.c
> Thank you in advance.
> Jeongsi kim