This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: A copy/save command ...
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- To: Edward Swarthout <Ed dot Swarthout at Motorola dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 15:48:02 -0500
- Subject: Re: A copy/save command ...
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <200201042003.g04K3F219582@pacific.somerset.sps.mot.com>
Just some side notes. I don't disagree with your logic.
> gdb> load BINFILE1 .bss
Some versions of load already have a syntax like:
(gdb) load file [ <offset> ]
> gdb> dump BINFILE2 load1
> would do the desired thing.
I've been playing with load/store architectures for too long - I keep
thinking that the oposite of load is store ... :-(
> It would be natural to add core file support to load/dump too.
> There is still the issue of how to specify the format (binary,
> elf-core, elf-object, srec, or other bfd type). Maybe some borrow
> the syntax from objcopy or the loader.
Trying to re-use objcopy would be a good idea (if helpful).