This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: powerpc simulator questions
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- To: Vermeulen Jan <Jan dot Vermeulen at siemens dot atea dot be>
- Cc: "'gdb at sources dot redhat dot com'" <gdb at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 23:39:43 -0500
- Subject: Re: powerpc simulator questions
- References: <E76F715C0429D5118F2100508BB9EDEE026135A1@hrtades7.atea.be>
> Thanks for the suggestions.
> It was indeed the memorymap that went haywire. (or the author :)
> I managed to debug/simulate my code. Very nice.
> Just one more question:
> with powerpc-eabi-run, i can see how many cycles have passed for the
> 1) if I want to know how long it would take on a 200MHz powerpc (and the
> routine takes about 35e6 cycles), then am i correct to use this formula :
> 35e6 cycles / 200e6 Mhz = 175 milliseconds ?
> 2) is the same type of performance measuring in the simulator under gdb?
> for example: breakpoint before a routine, breakpoint after one, and then a
> command "give me number of cycles passed between those 2 breakpoints
I wouldn't take the profile statistics too seriously. No one ever sat
down and analized them (Er, there might have been one report to only
indicate that they were way out :-/). I should probably delete that
code (so no one is mis-lead). It is also known to go into infinite