This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Problem with fld on i686
- From: John Hedges <john at drystone dot co dot uk>
- To: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 12:43:38 +0000
- Subject: Re: Problem with fld on i686
- References: <Pine.SUN.3.91.1011127131103.22199A-100000@is>
On Tuesday 27 Nov 2001 11:18 am, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> If the code _is_ correct (I think it is), but the results aren't, then
> the fact that static_cast was used in the C++ program is irrelevant,
Correct - static_cast is irrelevant if we assume it compiled correctly. The
disassembly looks ok to me too but I'm no asm expert.
> > The problem does not occur when run outside the debugger, nor in a
> > minimal test program.
> This suggests that perhaps the FPU state is not saved/restored correctly
> across task switches. What OS is that? Can you try a different version
> of the same OS, or some similar but not identical OS?
OS is Linux 2.2.14-5.0. Problem does not occur with Linux 2.2.16 on a
different (but stil i686) box.