This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Problem with fld on i686
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
- To: John Hedges <john at drystone dot co dot uk>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 13:18:35 +0200 (IST)
- Subject: Re: Problem with fld on i686
On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, John Hedges wrote:
> The st0 register gets -nan and so this is the result of the static_cast.
I don't get it: are you saying that the disassembly shows incorrect
code? If the code is correct, what does this have to do with the
source code (static_cast etc.) from which the assembly instructions
If the code _is_ correct (I think it is), but the results aren't, then
the fact that static_cast was used in the C++ program is irrelevant,
> The problem does not occur when run outside the debugger, nor in a
> minimal test program.
This suggests that perhaps the FPU state is not saved/restored correctly
across task switches. What OS is that? Can you try a different version
of the same OS, or some similar but not identical OS?