This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: displaying wchar_t in gdb
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
- To: Klaus-Georg Adams <Klaus-Georg dot Adams at sap dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 14:10:25 +0200 (IST)
- Subject: Re: displaying wchar_t in gdb
On 26 Nov 2001, Klaus-Georg Adams wrote:
> What would be a strategy to implement this natively in gdb? Can you
> tell inside gdb if we are working with wchar_t? Should there be a
> separate format for this?
I'm not even sure this is feasible, taking the cross-debugging into
consideration. I guess it's possible in native debugging, assuming GDB
and the debuggee use compatible libraries for wide character support,
and support the same character sets.
If it _is_ possible and feasible, then a special format is probably the
way to go.