This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Bug with watchpoints on Linux
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
- To: Pierre Muller <muller at cerbere dot u-strasbg dot fr>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 14:09:22 +0200 (IST)
- Subject: Re: Bug with watchpoints on Linux
On Wed, 21 Nov 2001, Pierre Muller wrote:
> But at the second run, the program is never stopped because
> of the changes to this global variable.
> It seems like there is a problem with the hardware watchpoint
IIRC, GDB removes the watchpoints when the program exits. You should see
a message to that effect, and "info breakpoints" should reflect it.
If that's not what you see, it's possible that there's a bug somewhere.
You could try the maint comamnd show-debug-regs to see what is going on