This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
GDB performance measuring
- From: Vermeulen Jan <Jan dot Vermeulen at siemens dot atea dot be>
- To: "'gdb at sources dot redhat dot com'" <gdb at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 08:06:38 +0100
- Subject: GDB performance measuring
I was wondering:
1) how accurate is the powerpc simulation ? ( are the cycles based on
2) If a certain routine take 1000 cycles, are these clockcycles or
machinecycles ? I'm a bit confused on this. So, for example, I have a 100MHz
ppc CPU, is the time passed for that routine: (1000 / 100e6) seconds?
Thanks in advance,