This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: x86 hardware breakpoint question
- From: "Eli Zaretskii" <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
- To: bauer at atlas dot lcs dot mit dot edu
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 21:26:17 +0200
- Subject: Re: x86 hardware breakpoint question
- References: <20011115125927.B3449@atlas.lcs.mit.edu>
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
> Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 12:59:27 -0500
> From: Steven Bauer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Quick question, does gdb support hardware breakpoints on
> x86 architectures?
Current GDB snapshots and the pretest of GDB 5.1 should support
them. What version do you use and on what platform?
> I have been trying to get them to work keep
> getting an unknown error.
> (gdb) hbreak *0x80485d9
> warning: Cannot insert breakpoint 3:
> Error accessing memory address 0x80485d9: Unknown error 4294967295.
What is at the address *0x80485d9?
(The unknown error simply says that the error code is -1, which means
GDB couldn't insert the breakpoint.)