This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
RE: powerpc simulator questions
- To: "'gdb at sources dot redhat dot com'" <gdb at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Subject: RE: powerpc simulator questions
- From: Vermeulen Jan <Jan dot Vermeulen at siemens dot atea dot be>
- Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 08:49:51 +0100
Thanks for the suggestions.
It was indeed the memorymap that went haywire. (or the author :)
I managed to debug/simulate my code. Very nice.
Just one more question:
with powerpc-eabi-run, i can see how many cycles have passed for the
1) if I want to know how long it would take on a 200MHz powerpc (and the
routine takes about 35e6 cycles), then am i correct to use this formula :
35e6 cycles / 200e6 Mhz = 175 milliseconds ?
2) is the same type of performance measuring in the simulator under gdb?
for example: breakpoint before a routine, breakpoint after one, and then a
command "give me number of cycles passed between those 2 breakpoints
Thanks once again,