This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: G packet format ...
[Get raw message]
- To: Andrew Cagney <cagney at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: G packet format ...
- From: fche at redhat dot com (Frank Ch. Eigler)
- Date: 13 Nov 2001 13:11:02 -0500
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <3BEF5CF4.email@example.com>
: [...] As part of breaking^D^D^Dfixing this, I'd like to introduce a
: new CLI command that allows the user to specify the G packet (and in
: fact the entire remote protocol numbering) at runtime. [...]
I assume the intent is eventually (soon?) to query the remote target
for its own remote-register-spec string. After all, it knows best.
If so, is it a possible problem that the specification string of a
large-register-bank machine may itself be so long as to exceed various