Re: SSH upgrade on sources

On Sat, Nov 10, 2001 at 01:17:27PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
>For those who, like me, connect to sources via SSH pubkey identification and
>have SSH 2.x installed, you may want to add something like this to your
>~/.ssh/config:
>
>Host sources.redhat.com
>  Protocol 1
>
>Otherwise it will default to protocol 2 which, while much better, does not
>use the existing protocol 1 public keys.

Yeah, apparently I understimated the effect of setting the server to
'Protocol 1,2'.  I thought that would be enough to allow people to continue
to use their Protocol 1 keys but I guess it doesn't work that way.

Eventually, we'll have a way to upgrade your keys on sources.redhat.com to
ssh2 keys but, for now, the above information is correct.

cgf