This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: How should we handle filenames containing spaces
- To: Fernando Nasser <fnasser at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: How should we handle filenames containing spaces
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 22:11:56 -0500
- Cc: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at ACT-Europe dot FR>, fnasser at cygnus dot com,gdb at sources dot redhat dot com, Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
- References: <20011102151127.A19674@act-europe.fr> <3BEA3721.email@example.com> <3BEA9B02.3D6A53D4@redhat.com>
> As Andrew mentions below, this may interfere with completion
> (although I think completion can be easily fixed to handle file names
> that start with double quotes if it is not doing it already).
I was just noteing that Eli has gone through a number of commands and
tweeked them so that the CLI code knows they take a file name as a
parameter and hence filename expand instead of symbol expand when the
tab key is hit.