This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
RE: Building gdb for sparcv9-sun-solaris2.8
- To: <igor at txc dot com>,"Debbie Meade" <deb_meade at yahoo dot com>
- Subject: RE: Building gdb for sparcv9-sun-solaris2.8
- From: "Eric Aversa" <eaversa at omnesys dot com>
- Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 11:19:18 -0500
- Cc: "Dan Nicolaescu" <dann at godzilla dot ICS dot UCI dot EDU>,<gdb at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Reply-To: <eaversa at omnesys dot com>
Is there any sense on how stable the pre-3.1 series is? I believe the
release date is not scheduled for next April?
From: Igor Schein [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2001 11:05 AM
To: Debbie Meade
Cc: Dan Nicolaescu; Eric Aversa; email@example.com
Subject: Re: Building gdb for sparcv9-sun-solaris2.8
On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 06:38:30AM -0800, Debbie Meade wrote:
> Thanks for all of your replies. I should have looked
> at the build status results of gcc 3.0 which clearly
> states that 64 bit for sparc is not supported. It
> looks like we will have to wait for 3.1.
There's a simple patch that will enable 64bit support in gcc-3.0.x.
Alternatively, you can get latest gcc-3.1 from CVS.