This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: ``set disassembly-flavour'' vs ``set architecture'' for i386
- To: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: ``set disassembly-flavour'' vs ``set architecture'' for i386
- From: Fernando Nasser <fnasser at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 21:32:35 -0500
- CC: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Organization: Red Hat Canada
- References: <3BE32861.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Andrew Cagney wrote:
> I'm trying to understand the intended behavour of the i386's
> disssassembly command. (Actually it had a call to
> set_architecture_from_arch_mach() that I was trying to eliminate.)
> It would appear that the intent was for the ``set disassembly-flavour''
> command to be an alias for the ``set architecture'' command (or was that
> the other way around). Anyway, the two commands are asymetric vis:
This was added by Jim Ingham in 1999. Perhaps there was no set
command at that time?
Red Hat Canada Ltd. E-Mail: email@example.com
2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300
Toronto, Ontario M4P 2C9