configuring gdb 5.x for use with threads

Hi,.

I need to use gdb to debug threaded programms,. I allready managed to make linux dump each thread into a seperate corefile, however my gdb doesnt seem to support runtime threads at all.

I have linux 2.4.13-ac5-preemptive with gnu libc-2.2.4. Somewhere in the list archives I found mention that libthread_db should be present, however when I build 5.0.92 or a HEAD cvs extract that lib ain't build.

Are there special options to be passed to ./configure ? Or am I missing something else altogether ?

Peter Zijlstra