Re: maintainership

Jim,

There are several things I've in mind for maintainership.

First is to water down the requirements for targets that don't have a
maintainer.  For instance, the HP platform.  While no one is probably up
for being its maintainer (there is soooo much work to do on it) I think
anyone listed in the MAINTAINERS file should be given a fairly free hand
to making changes to it.  After all if someone notices it doesn't work
they should be free to patch it up so that it kind of works.

The same can be applied to targets that do have maintainers but the
maintainer is clearly inactive (typically they are overloaded).

The other is with much of the core stuff.  There are vast chunks of it
that really don't need a maintainer - any change will either be obvious
or will require consensus from a number of people.

Andrew